Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tag...I'm It!

My cousin, Sara, tagged me from her blog to write about a picture in my picture folder on the computer. I had to pick the 4th folder with the 4th picture and write about it. Here is the lucky pic:

Who is this? RYAN! I was actually emailed this picture by Ryan himself within the last couple of months. The email he sent read this: "See - I have always used one of these." When I scrolled to the bottom of the email and saw the picture, I laughed out loud. Here's why:

Ryan reads before going to sleep just about every night. He has a reading pillow that he uses, and I HATE IT. It weighs about 20 pounds, and it ALWAYS ends up on the floor by morning. I make the bed in our house, so I ALWAYS end up tripping over it. When I trip over it, it doesn't give (because, as I said earlier, it weighs 20 pounds). As a result, I repeatedly try to talk Ryan into getting rid of this reading pillow and buying a new one that weighs about 19 pounds less. He refuses.

This picture of Ryan as a baby was taken at his late Grandpa Buckingham's house. His current reading pillow perfectly matches the one in the above picture. In fact, I think IT IS the one in the above picture. I am going to surrender. For the record, he can keep the pillow, and I won't bother him about it EVER again. I promise :)

I will have to be more careful where I step from now on when I make the bed. (If you're thinking that I should have been doing this in the first place, then you're right). Plus, on occasion, I get affection from the pillow. The little pillow arms like to hug me and say "squeeze" when I'm not paying attention. Just how can I argue with that???

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....that is so sweet!
    Love,
    Mom
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh....that is so sweet!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! We think the massage story is the funniest. :-) PS - Left work at 11:30 because I felt so bad. Came home and had a temperature of 102.3. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Ker, hope you get to feeling better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story to go with that picture! :) Too funny!
    Kerri - get to feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom and I used to have reading pillows like that! We thought we were stylin'! They were what every teenage room had to have soooo many years ago!

    ReplyDelete