Crystal, one of my friends I met in Hawai'i, and I were in Itaewon (the town right outside of post) window shopping one Monday afternoon. People were packed on the sidewalk, scooters were zooming by, and traffic was its usual stop-and-go. The stores sell just about everything - from clothes to souvenirs to food. I spotted a shoe store. I spotted a pair of shoes in the shoe store window that I LOVED. In I went. I asked for the patent-leather grey flat in my size - American size 8. Now, I never thought I had overly large feet. In fact, they're quite average for a woman. The sales associate brought me a size 240mm (what they claim is equal to an American size 8). I tried it on, but the shoe was a little snug. I tried on another style of flat - this time a leopard print faux fur with a clip on the toe. It also did not fit. What is the natural thing to do? Ask for the next size up - so I did. Here is the response I got:Sales Associate (in Asian accent, mind you): Oh no ma'am. That too big. We have to special order anything over size 8.
Discouraged, I left the store. I finally came to the realization that I will not be clothes or shoe shopping here. Most Korean women are the size of one of my legs. Apparently, their feet are tiny, too.
This time, the shoe just didn't fit.
HOORAY!!! Welcome to the blogging world! You're a natural already - I can tell! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sad those shoes didn't work out for you, because they are SO CUTE! I guess it's zappos.com for you during your stay in Seoul, huh? :)
Keep the posts coming...I'll be checking!
(also - I'm going to add you to my blogroll, if that is OK)
Much Love to you and Ryan!!!
Do you want me to find the shoes and save them for you????
ReplyDeleteThose are really cute shoes...do they have a 7-1/2?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
xoxox
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSara - I'd love to be on your blogroll! How do I put you on mine??? I've tried to leave comments on your blog before, but I don't think they ever go through!
ReplyDeleteAunt Ada - Haha thanks for the offer! I'm sure I'll be ok without THOSE shoes. There will be others...in about a year.
Mom - You seriously want me to check???
When you first log into Blogger, it takes you to your dashboard. When you click on the "layout" tab, you should see an area somewhere in there that allows you to add items to the side of your blog, like a blogroll or list of friends/websites. It will ask you to enter in the web address and name of the site, and from there it should upload it to your page. I'm sorry if this all sounds really confusing!
ReplyDeleteWhen you're signed in to Blogger, you shouldn't have trouble posting. I have a setting on my blog that allows me to pre-read and approve comments before they're posted for all to see, so that is one reason why you might not see your comment right away. Hope this helps somehow!!
Your massage experience was CRAZY!!! I can't tell if I want to congratulate you or shake my finger at you for sticking it through! :) Do you feel more relaxed now??
Keep the stories coming...it's really cool to read what you've been experiencing!